RE: [Xen-users] Xen and GFS

To: "'John Madden'" <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen and GFS
From: "Sylvain Coutant" <sco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:47:51 +0200
Cc: 'Jim Klein' <jklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:49:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For migration, you'd be doing somewhat the same thing, only you'd need a
> separate SAN LUN (still use LVM inside dom0) for each VBD.

Just use the same shared LVM (see clvm).

> so all you have to
> do
> is make that LUN available to the other Xen instance and you should be
> set.

And be sure that old node won't have data in memory cache not still written to
disk. Will Xen take care of this ?

Use clvm to sync metadata and hack Xen VBD scripts to lvchange -aly/lvchange
-aln on start/stop of a VM. That will keep everyone synced automagically and
flush pending writes on shutdown.

BR,

--
Sylvain COUTANT