Re: [Xen-users] no network in domain 0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] no network in domain 0
From: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:53:00 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:22:07 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:47:32AM -0800, Tuan Van wrote:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> >I am new to xen and trying to get the primary domain working properly
> >before I create a new one. I am using the Gentoo unstable sources
> >(2.6.16-rc5) and xen 3.0.1 and the kernel boots Ok and eth0 is activated.
> >At this point the network is active and I can ping. Then I shutdown
> >net.eth0 and start xend. This restarts net.eth0 and does some other stuff.
> >Now every thing looks normal (ifconfig, netstat) but I cannot ping
> >anything.

I am confused as to why you are shutting down eth0 before starting xend. Is
this something I missed in the manual?

I use Gentoo and Xen3 and just added the init scripts from
/usr/portage/app-emulation/xen/files to my /etc/init.d folder and told
rc-update to start them on a normal boot.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/