Re: [Xen-users] basic understanding of xm migrate

At 09:21 AM 3/3/2006, Jayesh Salvi wrote:
iSCSI would be one of the solutions. SAN storage would be another but expensive alternative. We used AOE (ATA over ethernet) solution. These are the storage device sharing solutions for network migration. In other form of migration - manual migration - one can use removable media as well, provided it shows up as the same device node on both source and target machines.

I believe you can also use GNBD (with or without GLVM/GFS), eNBD and DRBD in a variety of configuration if you want to avoid expensive iSCSI or FC equipment. I've only done this successfully tested this with GNBD myself. And while using removable media is an option, it totally eliminates any possibility of near instant live migrations.