Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

hi,

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2006 00:59 schrieb Javier Guerra:
> On Sunday 29 January 2006 6:53 pm, Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
> > >  All my dom0's have access to the all the iscsi devices so that
> > > migration is possible.
> > But you have to take care that no two dom0s write to the same iscsi
> > target!
> that's where you have it wrong.  you have to take care that no two dom0s
> write to the same VOLUME. (that is, partitions, LUNs or LVs).  two
> different LVs on the same disk can be written by different dom0s.

you are right. I should have said: "But you have to take care that no two
dom0s write to the same partition on the same iscsi target."

If i have the partition for my rootfs on multiple dom0s available it could
accidently be mounted. Or the same domU could be startet on different dom0s.
That is what i have fear of. But to be able to make live migration the
partitions have to be available.

But as my little network test shows it should be better for performance to do
it this way.

--
greetings

eMHa