Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

On Sunday 29 January 2006 9:11 am, Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
> define better!? It is easier to set up. But if you want to use migration it
> becomes complicatet. If you use more than one Xen host you have to setup on
> each Xen host the block devices (iscsi, raid, lvm). And i'm not sure what
> happens if you have two active raid1 on the same iscsi devices on different
> Xen hosts!?

as long as you don't mount the same LV on two hosts (real or virtual) you're
safe.

> > Then you could more easily upgrade the storage servers and only rebuild
> > the raid in dom0.. domU's wouldn't see any problems / failures.
>
> Well, rebuild will take the same amount of network traffic. I'm not sure if
> it is really better?
> My idea is to have the domU not depend on the block device configuration of
> dom0. So its easier to migrate domUs.

just have the dom0s access the same SAN drives. LVM (or CLVM) will find the
same VGs and setup exactly the same LVs on each dom0.

the domUs would be far simpler each. (no iSCSI config, the devices would look
like local disks to them)

--
Javier