Re: [Xen-users] Re: a performance question

Hi
Chris Fanning wrote:
I don't really consider opening a file with vi to be very disk
intensive, but I've moved the domu installation off the img file onto
a lvm disk just to see.
- No real improvement.
So I threw more ram at both dom0 and domU.
Now I'm wating 3 seconds instead of 5.

May not be applicable to your situation, but I had something similar happen with emacs on some of my images - however once networking was setup and working the start delay went away. I can only assume that it was making a call to get the host name (or some such) and hitting a network timeout.

David.