RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 networking trouble with eth1

To: <Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 networking trouble with eth1
From: "Sinisa Burina" <six@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:56:51 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:05:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I've tried the same here but didn't come as far as you did.
> How did you get
> xenbr1 connected with peth1?
>
> If I run
>
> # /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=1
> bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1
>
> the second bridge isn't set up correctly.
>
> # brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
>                                                         peth0
>                                                         vif1.0
> xenbr1          8000.000000000000       no
>
> Peter

I have simply made a copy of /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge, put it in
/etc/init.d/ and configured it as an init script with hardcoded parameters at
the beginning as follows:

vifnum=1
bridge=xenbr1
netdev=eth1
antispoof=yes

instead of the original:

vifnum=${vifnum:-0}
bridge=${bridge:-xenbr${vifnum}}
netdev=${netdev:-eth${vifnum}}
antispoof=${antispoof:-yes}

But, on the other hand, this should basically be the same thing - calling
network-bridge with extra parameters or hardcoding them in the copy of the
script. I can't really see the difference.

Interesting enough, my second NIC does work correctly and I have perfect
connaction from dom0 through vif0.1/peth1/eth1/xenbr1 to the rest of the world,
but domU can't return any packet through it. Exporting both NICs to domU makes
no difference - eth0 in domU works just fine, while eth1 receives all packets,
but can't send any.

--
Best Regards,
        Sinisa Burina

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0603-2, 17.01.2006
Tested on: 18.01.2006 13:56:51