Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 networking trouble with eth1

To: "Sinisa Burina" <six@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 networking trouble with eth1
From: Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:12:57 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:21:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 17 2006 "Sinisa Burina" <six@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> I have a Xen 3.0 setup on a server with two network cards, which are
> supposed to work in two totally independent virtual nets using
> bridging. Now, the first virtual net works as a charm, connecting several
> domUs.
>
> The problem is that with the second NIC (eth1) there's no luck at all -
> everything is exactly the same, virtual infrastructure seems to be up and
> running, packets get through to domU just fine (visible with tcpdump on
> domU), but no packets ever get back to dom0. IP communication through the
> physical interface works in both directions w/o any trouble.
>
> In other words, it's just like my virtual crossover cable dom0 <-> domU is
> half broken, and just on second virtual network.
>
> Has anyone ever experienced the same problem, or does anyone have an idea
> what might be wrong with this setup?
>
> [...]

Hello,

I've tried the same here but didn't come as far as you did. How did you get
xenbr1 connected with peth1?

If I run

# /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=1 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1

the second bridge isn't set up correctly.

# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                        peth0
                                                        vif1.0
xenbr1          8000.000000000000       no

Peter

--
Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx                         ConSol* Software GmbH
Phone  +49 89 45841-100                       Consulting & Solutions