Re: [Xen-users] SuSE 9.3 on a SMP machine

From: "Fernando Maior" <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
On 1/12/06, Daniel Bauer <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Fernando Maior" <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
> On 1/11/06, Daniel Bauer <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> not the guest domain stop with kernelpanic, the machine couldn't
>> boot, because of the missing modules ...
>>

> That is the scenario when you do not copy the /lib/modules/2.6xxxx
> directory from the dom0 into the guest domain root file system.

sorry, maybe I'm a little silly, but I'm not able to start dom0.

I installed SuSE without Xen, it works. All modules are loaded and
running.

I installed SuSE with Xen, it doesn't work, it crashes with kernelpanic. Should I copy the modules from the normal SuSE install to the SuSE xen
install?

I've downloaded the test cd and it runs with centos without any problems
and with debian etch with a little problems net and x-server.
Both dom0 shows the 8 cpus, but only 4 gb ram.

You first install SuSE the normal way. After the installation,
you install the Xen RPMs from Garloff (last is 8259). Reboot
your computer in order to start from Xen hypervisor and
dom0. You should be able to start Xen and dom0 that way.

Hi Fernando,

I've found the problem. If I take a value below 3,5 GB, or erase the dom0_mem parameter, then xen dom0 starts.

How could I use the whole RAM. My "wish" is to build severval virtual machines on this server:

dom0: 2 GB RAM
4 x domU: 2 GB RAM

Thanks a lot for your help
Daniel