[Xen-users] Parallels hypervisor runs Windows on non-VT hardware (Was: X

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Parallels hypervisor runs Windows on non-VT hardware (Was: Xen alternatives)
From: Chris de Vidal <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:23:52 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:31:10 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just found out about Parallels:
http://www.parallels.com/

Like Xen it's a hypervisor (low-level virtual machine manager that sits between
the hardware and
all OSes, even the "host"/dom0).  Unlike Xen it runs Windows unmodified on
regular non-VT
hardware.  Unlike Xen it's $49 (which is great compared to, say, VMware's
offerings, but who can
beat free?)  :-)

I haven't used it.  Someone please try it and compare it to Xen for us:
performance, ease-of-use, etc.

CD

* Bad news: We've all broken God's 10 Commandments. Lust is adultery (Matt.
5:27-28), hate is murder (1 John 2:9). Break one and you've broken them all
(James 2:10). We *all* deserve hell.

* Good news: Jesus paid my penalty. Turn from your sin & ask God's forgiveness
by His blood -- while you still have time!

NeedGod.com