Re: [Xen-users] Xen alternatives

> There is also an small open source version available for the linux
> virtuozzo version (not for the windows version!). it was called open
> virtuozzo, but if I rember it right they changed the name not long ago. I
> think the project is just existing, because virtuozzo on linux is using
> other open source software, so they had to release it for free. the
> commercial virtuozzo versions just brings extra goodies like remote
> managment via webinterface and so on to open virtuozzo.
>
> But I wouldn't use virtuozzo for linux myself, because it's more or less
> the same as VServers and the open virtuozzo project has never been very
> popular. VServers should be better supported and you will find a lot more
> support if you have trouble.
www.openvz.org
It is not so small, as you think - it has all VServer features and more, such
as network virtualization, netfilters, better resource management, fair
scheduler and so on. It is more stable and convinient for end user - at
least, we have such opinions in our forum. About better support - try both
and compare.

--
Thanks,
Dmitry.