[Xen-users] Re: OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?
From: Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:53:20 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:57:55 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Dirk,
>
> You mean the rpm packages from the OpenSUSE
> CD/DVD or the ones from Garloff in the site
> http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/RPMs-100/7608/
>
> I am using those from Garloff, and yet I am at the beginning
> of the configuration and tests, I could not see any problem
> but the creation of the bridges and interfaces for all my
> domains. I solved it with a script of mine and it is running
> smoothly.
>
> May be you should try it again, if you want some help with
> configuration - specially the internal network - I can show
> you some configs.
>
> Best whishes,
> --
> Bye,
> Fernando Maior
> LPIC/1(31908)
> LinuxCounter(391325)

Hi Fernando,

thanks for your help! I used the ones shipped with OpenSUSE and updated them by
yast to the same version as Kurt Garloffs rpms. I think xen or the rpms work for
me but the problems are mostly bridging/network or block-device related.

Perhaps you can help me out with your scripts? That would be great!

Thanks a lot Dirk