Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD 5.3 as DomU - new kernel with sysinstall embedde

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD 5.3 as DomU - new kernel with sysinstall embedded
From: Chris Brookes <cbrookes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:34:55 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:35:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 22/11/05, Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> apmd is what you want for power managment, never tried it
> under xen though.

Just tried it quickly, and it won't run. Will take a proper look later.

> I do not believe you need the extra = "boot.netif.ip=192.168.0.221"

You are absolutely right: you just need a "," at the start of the
extra= line. That must be a real simple bug somewhere...

> I wouldn't descibe this as stable but it does work well enough to
> compile new kernels in the guest, building complex ports reliably
> crashes or hangs the system.

Compiling complex ports is exactly what I've been doing while
experiencing crashes...

> I have found kernels compiled using the sparse directory and scripts
> in the 2.0.7 source distribution *ARE* more stable than those built

I'll give that a try, thanks :-)

> DHCP does seem to work.

So noted, HOWTO updated. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Chris