[Xen-users] Need tipps for new servers

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Need tipps for new servers
From: Denny Schierz <cuall@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:31:35 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:29:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi,

i'm a bit unsure. I want to migrate an old server to a new one. Off
course, to xen 2.0.7.

My idea is:

Dom0 (sarge) with firewall and ssh

Domu1 (sarge) with Apache2 (wordpress/typo3/horde) and ssh
Domu2 (gentoo) with postfix, cyrus, mysql
domu3 (sarge) with jabber1.4 (with transports) and ssh
domu4 (sarge) build system for building packages for the sarge systems

But, what i don't know is, do i want files instead of disks? With LVM or
not (Filesystem XFS) and do i want a own machine for mysqld. I don't
have to much time for tests, so my hope is, that anybody can give me
some hints.

cu denny