RE: [Xen-users] xen save error

To: "Steven Hand" <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen save error
From: "Cole, Ray" <Ray_Cole@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:42:04 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, bryant.johan@xxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:40:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is a thread in here called "Live migration problem" that has a bunch of
information.  What I was able to narrow it down, via printk's in the kernel, is
the kernel receives a message indicating it needs to suspend and adds to the
work queue.  However the kernel never executes the work to suspend and xen
gives up waiting for it to happen.  The last thing I see is the kernel calls
scheduled_work

The xfrd.log indicated it was unable to suspend.  There was nothing more really
in those logs.  I'll try to find some time today to re-run the tests again.  I
recently put my 3 machines back to the base 2.0.7 (no 'testing') so I'll need
to put two of them back to 2.0.7 testing.  FWIW, this was using the 2.6.11.12
kernel for the user domain with everything else being 2.0.7 testing.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-08/msg00626.html will
get you to the thread.

-- Ray