Re: [Xen-users] /lib/tls on gentoo

To: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] /lib/tls on gentoo
From: joe average <xen.users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:07:58 +0200
Cc: koxman <koxman@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:07:37 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ernst Bachmann wrote:
Hi,

I don´t use NPTL (having USE="-nptl") and theres no such directory on my
system lik /lib/tls

Maybe you have "USE="nptlonly"? In that case, the TLS libs are installed in /lib, and no non-tls libs are compiled at all. re-emerge glibc without that flag.

otherwise, it might be that your init (and other programs) are compiled statically against a nptl glibc.

"emerge -a --newuse" after (temporarily) removing USE="static" might help find you those, but will most likely skip some... savest guess would be to simply recompile every program xen complains about...

Fwiw I'm experiencing the same problem on a Gentoo 2005.0 / Linux 2.6 system (upgraded from 2004.3). I have neither nptl nor nptlonly in my USE flags and init is dynamically linked to libc.

--newuse is, by the way, not a valid option to emerge.

  -- j