Re: [Xen-users] /lib/tls on gentoo

To: koxman <koxman@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] /lib/tls on gentoo
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:26:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:25:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
> I don´t use NPTL (having USE="-nptl") and theres no such directory on my
> system lik /lib/tls

Maybe you have "USE="nptlonly"? In that case, the TLS libs are installed
in /lib, and no non-tls libs are compiled at all. re-emerge glibc without
that flag.

otherwise, it might be that your init (and other programs) are compiled
statically against a nptl glibc.

"emerge -a --newuse" after (temporarily) removing USE="static" might help find
you those, but will most likely skip some... savest guess would be to simply
recompile every program xen complains about...

/Ernst