Re: [Xen-users] Via Samuel 2 Stepping 3 - does not work - even whith pat

To: Timo Goetze <tgo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Via Samuel 2 Stepping 3 - does not work - even whith patch
From: Adam Sulmicki <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:04:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:04:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ha! I had this problem before.. and I tracied it back to..... BAD RAM. I
reaplaced ram with a better ram and problem went away.

...I could not imageine that it is the ram... as this was a server before
running for a whole year whithout any error ;-) ..But I tried quite a lot of
chips (11!) - always the same :-(

sure the system has ran fine for me as well for years before... it just that ram scrub is pretty nasty for ram.

ooh! it seems, that my error-description was too unclear last mail.
last message XEN prints out (unfortunately i have to type it in from the
screen ;-)

(XEN) Scrubbing DOM0 RAM: .done.

if it helps, i'll give you the whole physical and virtual memory arrangement.
any idas?

can you make sure that you run the system exactly as speced out?
that is, it is exactly xen 2.0.1 ? no earlier, no later.

        bk clone -rRELEASE-2.0.1 bk://xen.bkbits.net/xen-2.0.bk xen-2.0.1.bk

you can grab the tarball too if you expecify exact url even if is not listed on the web site.

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com      The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers