Re: [Xen-users] Re: Problem with network connection in domU

To: Nils Toedtmann <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Problem with network connection in domU
From: "Lars E. D. Jensen | DCmedia" <ledj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:46:40 +0200
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:39:46 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The weird thing is that I went to lunch and when I came back the problem
> > was gone!?
>
> I hate problems disappearing without cause more than problems not
> disappearing ;-)

Yeah me too!

> > The network connection is functional now without needing to ping etc.
> > from inside the xen virtual server
>
> And if you shutdown the domUs and recreate them?

Yes, I shutdown and created lots of times. So it's a bit strange.

> > Still I get this output from dom0:
>
> [...]
>
> Interesting is not the output, but the _difference_ between two of them.
> As you obviously bridge, this would be the procedure:
>
>   # domU is not reachable
>   brctl showmacs xen-br0
>
>   # make domU reachable by tricky pings
>   brctl showmacs xen-br0
>
> Does something change?

Yes, but now I can't check it since it's working again.
But now I know where to post and what to post if the problem arises again.

Thanks for your patience :)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars E. D. Jensen - DCmedia