Re: [Xen-users] Re: Problem with network connection in domU

Am Donnerstag, den 21.04.2005, 13:53 +0200 schrieb Lars E. D. Jensen:
> > That's very few information. Sounds like an ARP/MAC problem. Maybe all
> > your domUs use the same MAC? On dom0, compare output of
> >
> >   arp -n
> >   brctl showmacs xen-br0
> >
> > before and after pinging.
>
> Hi Nils
>
> Sorry for so little information, but I'm still a bit xen newbie :)
>
> The weird thing is that I went to lunch and when I came back the problem was
> gone!?

I hate problems disappearing without cause more than problems not
disappearing ;-)

> The network connection is functional now without needing to ping etc.
> from inside the xen virtual server

And if you shutdown the domUs and recreate them?

> Still I get this output from dom0:
[...]

Interesting is not the output, but the _difference_ between two of them.
As you obviously bridge, this would be the procedure:

  # domU is not reachable
  brctl showmacs xen-br0

  # make domU reachable by tricky pings
  brctl showmacs xen-br0