xen-tools

Re: [Xen-tools] [BUNDLE] Change transaction semantics, implementation

To: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-tools] [BUNDLE] Change transaction semantics, implementation
From: Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:30:49 +1000
Cc: Xen Tools <xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:28:30 +0000
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 14:50 +0100, Steven Hand wrote:
> > Due to size, attached as a "bundle": you should be able to import using
> > "unbundle".  Hope that works!
>
> So unbundle doesn't seem to be supported on the version of hg we're
> using here for now (compatibility reasons).

Damn.  It's a 0.7 feature, which seems really handy!  Unlike export, it
preserves parent and rename information, which is vital for merging.  It
also seems minimal (30k, bzip2 made it slightly bigger, and gziped
attachments are 44k).

> Can you please send either gzipd 'patch' or 3 x patch attachments or sim.
> Also may be more valuable for the list in general.

Here they are, please gunzip and use "hg import" otherwise you'll not
check in the new files...

Thanks!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman