xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [xenppc-unstable] [XEN][POWERPC] Linker script simplificati

To: Segher Boessenkool <segher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] [xenppc-unstable] [XEN][POWERPC] Linker script simplification broke optimized builds.
From: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:52:55 -0500
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 06:52:26 -0800
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the original script came from binutils and we simply adapted it.
I tried to simplify but I was unable to predict all the gcc created sections for various gcc flags (esp -O2), so I just put all that stuff back.

I'll try another pass at another time, when I can test all scenarios.
There is a huge degree of risk playing here, you can imagine how hard an issues from a dropped section would be hard to detect. Perhaps ld has options to warn when badness occurs.
I got lucky with this one.

-JX