xen-ppc-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] [patch 01/10] Generate headers with arch-specific struct

To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch 01/10] Generate headers with arch-specific structs.
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:28:57 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:29:15 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:58 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> plain text document attachment (xen-generate-foreign-headers.diff)
> This patch adds a script to generate headers with arch-specific
> structs which can be included on any architecture.  Can be used
> to deal with structs of "foreign" architectures, needed for
> 32-on-64 support for example.

This omits PowerPC; is that because we've made sure not to use
variable-sized types?

Even if that's the case, shouldn't we still have headers in
xen/include/public/foreign, since otherwise external tools #including
those headers will break?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center