xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] ppc domain tools

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 17:40 -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 14:37 -0700, Yoder Stuart-B08248 wrote:
> > The wiki page says:
> >   The Domain Tools cannot be cross built and must be built
> >   on a Linux PowerPC machine.
> >
> > I was curious why this is?
> >
> > I've just got Xen booting a Dom0 Linux on the 970 Simulator
> > and am wondering if I really need to build the tools on
> > PPC.  I don't have a real PPC machine handy (but will
> > track one down if necessary).
>
> Hi Stuart, IIRC the problem is the Makefiles for the python code made
> some assumptions about the host. I don't remember the exact issue now,
> but if you want to give it a try and see how it goes I'd love to hear
> about it.

Actually, it's not just the Makefiles.  The python facilities used to
build c-python interface libraries are part of the system-wide python
installation.  Thus, they always assume that the libraries being built
are to be built for the current architecture.

It's a real mess.

--
Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>