xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Booting Dom0 with SLES10 on JS20

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 11:04:02AM -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:

> I'm lazy and use cur and paste, for this, turn off autoboot and:
>   0> netboot <xen args> -- <dom0 args>
>
> I believe for autboot you may try:
>   0> setenv boot-file netboot <xen args> -- <dom0 args>
>   0> nvupdate
>
> then reboot lemmy know how that goes.

Gah,  I guess that the version of SLOF I have is missing something,
I have no nvupdate, and I need to use:
        etherboot <xen args> -- <dom0 args>
to netboot and supply args.  So I'm a little closer to where I'd like to
be thanks.

I'd like to turn off auto-boot but I don't see how without nvupdate.

> hmm.. thats wierd, that got checked in a while ago.
>
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-ppc-2.6.hg?f=78ba66291b1c;file=arch/powerpc/platforms/xen/xen_guest.s

Okay this is a problem with my local tree.  I'm baffled as to how it
happened but the file was removed.

> You can also use the CONFIG_CMDLINE stuff in linux to have the
> bootargs come from the zImage

Cool.  Didn't know about that.

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!