xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Booting Dom0 with SLES10 on JS20

Thanks alot Tony

On Jul 17, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
This setup, auto-netbooting with no way to pass args to xen or dom0
(other than to compiler them in) seems cumbersome are there better
options?

I'm lazy and use cur and paste, for this, turn off autoboot and:
  0> netboot <xen args> -- <dom0 args>

I believe for autboot you may try:
  0> setenv boot-file netboot <xen args> -- <dom0 args>
  0> nvupdate

then reboot lemmy know how that goes.

Ref: makefile_fix.patch

arch/powerpc/platforms/xen deosn't seem to contain a xen_guest.[csS]
file
hmm.. thats wierd, that got checked in a while ago.
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-ppc-2.6.hg? f=78ba66291b1c;file=arch/powerpc/platforms/xen/xen_guest.s

Ref: default_bootargs.patch

As the dom0 image is built into xen, I need to tell dom0 where it's root fs.

You can also use the CONFIG_CMDLINE stuff in linux to have the bootargs come from the zImage