xen-merge

RE: [Xen-merge] CONFIG_XEN (and more?)

To: "Vincent Hanquez" <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-merge] CONFIG_XEN (and more?)
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:56:51 -0700
Cc: xen-merge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:55:31 +0000
Sender: xen-merge-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CONFIG_XEN is suppose to be ARCH-agnostic
> CONFIG_X86_XEN is for i386-xen

Perfect!  Thanks!

Perhaps the CONFIG_X86_XEN designation should start appearing
in the -sparse trees?.  I'm hoping to start merging Xen/ia64
changes into the -sparse trees at some point and it
doesn't require any patches outside of arch/ia64, asm-ia64,
and of course the xen common directories (drivers/xen, etc).

If the Xen/x86-required changes to linux common files
(include/linux/highmem.h for example) are ifdef'd,
then other architectures can use the same mkbuildtree.

Dan