Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch 01/12] ia64: kexec: Define macros for EF

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:30:00AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> [...]
>
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:25:37AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 01:57:04PM +1000, Simon Horman wrote:
> >
> > To my best knowledge, this is linux specific (ie not used by Xen except
> > during
> > boot time).  So I suppose you are explaining how to use an RID compatible
> > with Linux ?
>
> After a minute, I don't think we need to choose an RID compatible with Linux,
> right ?  If so, why not using simpler RIDs in head.S as well as a simpler
> XEN_EFI_RID ?

That is true, the RID does not need to be compatible with Linux.
I'll look into your idea of using something in head.S.

> (To be honnest, this could be fixed after - I just think the comment is a
>  little bit misleading).

Sorry about that. When I wrote that comment I was somewhat confused
myself. I intended it to be more of a discussion point than a
description of what is going on.

--
Horms