Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch] ia64: kexec: add __va_efi

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:17:18PM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:32 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > that is great news!
> >
> > I think that patch 13 is an error (on my part) and it should be dropped.
> >
> > Can you confirm that 1-12,14,15,__va_efi also works on superdome?
> > You mentioned some PAL problems in your previous email. Are these
> > still a problem?
>
>    Yes, I tested these on the superdome and it booted.  I instrumented
> the PAL calls, not expecting dropping patch 13 to solve the problem, so
> I should probably go back and remove the instrumentation before
> declaring total victory.  I can't speak to whether kexec actually works
> anywhere, but I think a kexec enabled xen is at least not a regression
> now.

Great. As you say, a working kexec is a slightly different issue.
And one that should be easier to tackle in terms of test coverage
if the code is merged. So non-regressing kexec enabled xen is certainly
my goal for now. Though I will add that on my hw kexec is working rather
well these days.

--
Horms