Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch] ia64: kexec: add __va_efi

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:11:16AM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 09:08 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > Patch 13/15 seems nasty, so I think that ought to be left out.
> > But the other patches that I suggested omitting seem harmless enough.
>
>    I tested again with patches 1-12,14,15,__va_efi.  This boots on all
> my systems!  I guess 13 should indeed be dropped or fixed, but I'm not
> seeing the hang after freeing init mem issue it supposedly fixes.

Hi Alex,

that is great news!

I think that patch 13 is an error (on my part) and it should be dropped.

Can you confirm that 1-12,14,15,__va_efi also works on superdome?
You mentioned some PAL problems in your previous email. Are these
still a problem?

I have spent a bit of time poking around to see extra places
where __va_efi() may be needed. I have found a bunch of places
were we pass in __va() addresses into pal/sal/efi calls, but
I think that these are all safe as the appropriate fault handlers
are in place. In any case, I will poke around a bit more.

--
Horms