RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question about migration

>   The kernel guarantees applications only see time move forward, even
> across multiple CPUs.  See:
>
> kernel/timer.c:time_interpolator_get_counter()
>
> We never return a time before last_cycle unless booted with the
> "nojitter" options.

Echo from me too.
I was told some time ago, the crystal used in IPF platform is usually
expansive
than other platforms and thus much more accurate.
Normally the small difference won;t cause application see backward ITC
value,
but live migration per current Xen time virtualization policy is another
story. It
could be a headache :(

Hopefully some time later, with Tukwila, we can live with hybrid
virtualization,
thus we got the problem solved by HW trapping application ITC read :)
Or if some platform has high resolution platform time, we can restore
physical ITC
at VP switch time. (platform_time + per VP offset)

Eddie