[Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 04/16] Kexec: Header changes in preparation for
The EFI RID patches require pal.h to (directly or indirectly)
have access to GRANULE_SIZE which is defined in pgtable.h.
This effectively causes a header loop as pgtable.h includes
system.h and system.h includes pal.h. This patch breaks
that loop by not including pal.h in system.h if XEN is defined,
which is the only time the loop will occur.
There are two side effects of this:
1. regionreg.c makes use of some symbols declared in
pal.h but does not include it directly. This is
resolved by including it, which doesn't seem to
cause any additional problems.
2. system.h makes use of ia64_pal_halt_light which is defined in pal.h.
#define safe_halt() ia64_pal_halt_light()
This is probably the reason that pal.h is included in system.h.
However this does not seem to manifest as any sort of build problem,
presumably because either nothing in xen uses safe_halt,
or because those that do include pal.h by some other means.
In any case the change seems safe, though hackish.
Cc: Tristan Gingold <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Cc: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--- xen-unstable.hg.orig/xen/arch/ia64/xen/regionreg.c 2007-10-23
+++ xen-unstable.hg/xen/arch/ia64/xen/regionreg.c 2007-10-23
@@ -15,6 +15,7 @@
/* Defined in xemasm.S */
extern void ia64_new_rr7(unsigned long rid, void *shared_info, void
*shared_arch_info, unsigned long shared_info_va, unsigned long va_vhpt);
2007-10-23 16:03:41.000000000 +0900
+++ xen-unstable.hg/xen/include/asm-ia64/linux-xen/asm/system.h 2007-10-23
@@ -16,7 +16,9 @@
Xen-ia64-devel mailing list
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 00/16] Kexec v20080125 - xen, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 02/16] Kexec: Unpin the correct VHPT TR in ia64_do_tlb_purge, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 04/16] Kexec: Header changes in preparation for EFI RID,
Simon Horman <=
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 07/16] Kexec: Use a separate RID for EFI, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 05/16] Kexec: Repining for EFI RID, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 09/16] Kexec: Add identity mapping of EFI memory to alt_dtlb_miss, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 13/16] Kexec: Set protection key of identity mapping of EFI in alt_itlb_miss, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 01/16] Kexec: Pass TR to be unpinned by relocate_new_kernel as an array, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 12/16] Kexec: Set protection key of identity mapping of EFI in alt_dtlb_miss, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 11/16] ia64: Add identity mapping of EFI memory to itlb_miss, Simon Horman
- [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 06/16] Kexec: Define macros for EFI RID, Simon Horman