Re: [Xen-devel] ANNOUNCE: Xen 3.1.1 First Release Candidate

To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ANNOUNCE: Xen 3.1.1 First Release Candidate
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:10:02 -0600
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kouya SHIMURA <kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:11:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 10:37 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The patch queue for 3.1.1 has been pushed into
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg, and tagged as -rc1. Please
> try it out and let us know of any problems (patches gladly accepted!).
>
>  -- Keir
>
> PS. The patch queue (xen-3.1-testing.pq.hg) is no longer being used.

   Kouya, there seems to be some build breakages around the changesets
you submitted.  15311 includes a chunk from the windows optimization
patch and doesn't build ('ret' undefined - adding a declaration for it
doesn't seem like the proper solution since the function returns void in
3.1.1).  15655 adds calls to acpi_table_disable(), but
acpi_table_disable() doesn't exist.  Reverting those and adding the
patch below I can make it build and boot.  Do you already have patches
to fill these holes?

   Keir, the patch below is a trivial build warning fix, please include
it in the tree.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.