Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] problems with smp

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 15:42 -0800, David Brown wrote:

> So, my dual itanium 2 box running dom0 and 8 domU's, and xm top is
> showing that the dom0 and one of the domU's are using %40 each and the
> other 7 domU's are showing <10% (this almost sounds like a high school
> math problem ;)) is not actually maxed out... there's a slowdown
> somewhere else in the system then because really adding up the
> percentages should equal to 200% if the processors were maxed out.

   What kind of load are you running?  If it involves I/O, then all that
has to go through dom0 and can bottleneck the other domains.  There's
also some overhead in scheduling between vCPUs and time spent running in
Xen itself, so you may not be able to reach that 200% total, but I'd
think you could get closer than 150%.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.