[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-3.15 is available

To: "Discussion list for crash utility usage, maintenance and development" <crash-utility@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-3.15 is available
From: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:19:15 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:19:00 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 08:54:23AM -0500, Dave Anderson wrote:
> Isaku Yamahata wrote:
>     The current "xm dump-core" on ia64 loses some registers infomation
>     which is saved on xen register stack.
>     e.g. r33, ... aren't saved in domU xendump file.
>     Probably ia64 specific code would be necessarry for it.
>     This will be addressed as post-3.0.4 effort and the format will be
> changed.
> I'm not sure exactly what the ramifications are of an ia64 "xm dump-core"
> on a paravirtualized kernel.  It would seem to depend upon what, if anything,
> was "active" at the time.

The problems here is no ramification.
"xm dump-core" command on ia64 or domU panic create something
with x86-dump code, however no one has verfied the resulted file
deeply yet.
Anyway in the near feature, xendump format would be revised into elf format
and its implemenation would be rewritten.

> The ia64 would need to "jump through the hoop" of a call to
> unw_init_running() before it calls HYPERVISOR_shutdown()

Is the attached patch what you want?

--
yamahata