[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-3.15 is available

To: "Discussion list for crash utility usage, maintenance and development" <crash-utility@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-3.15 is available
From: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:00:40 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:02:54 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Dave

The belows are great information for xen-ia64.
We are happy because of starting support it.

>- Introduced support for xendumps of para-virtualized ia64 kernels.
>  It should be noted that currently the ia64 Xen kernel does not
>  lay down a switch_stack for the panic task, so only raw "bt -t"
>  backtraces can be done on the panic task.  (anderson@xxxxxxxxxx)
>
>- Introduced support for "xm save" dumpfiles of para-virtualized ia64
>  kernels, which use a completely different format than that used for
>  x86 and x86_64.  (anderson@xxxxxxxxxx)

Can we use bt with "xm save" dumpfiles of para-virtualized ia64?
Is "xm save" dumpfile better for crash-utils than "xendump" file?

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe