Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable merge

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable merge
From: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:16:51 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:17:14 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:17:44PM -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    The xen-unstable.hg tree has been very busy lately, and unfortunately
> has broken a few things for ia64.  I'm still having a few problems
> getting paravirtualized domains to boot due to changes in xend.  These
> patches need to be fixed/accounted for in the ia64 support code:
>
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=e6fdb32b786c
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=4a320d26fc24
>
> I proposed a patch for the latter cset here:
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ia64-devel/2006-11/msg00030.html
>
> I think it's still correct, but doesn't address the domain memory
> allocation changes of the first cset.

The patch of cs=4a320d26fc24 changed initrd loading semantics
so that initrd->len isn't initialized.
The attached patch addresses the patch of cs=4a320d26fc24,
however it doesn't address cs=e6fdb32b786c.

>    To expedite catching up with xen-unstable.hg and getting everything
> working, I've temporarily exported my merge tree here:
>
> http://free.linux.hp.com/~awilliam/xen-ia64-merge/
>
> Please take a look and let me know if you have suggestions or
> (preferably) patches to get paravirtualized domains working.

> I have not
> yet tested VTi domains on this tree.  Thanks,

I suppose that VTi domain is also broken.
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=cf3d69ba5633

--
yamahata