[Xen-ia64-devel] vti networking problems?

To: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] vti networking problems?
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:02:41 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:02:51 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   I think this is something wrong w/ my setup, but I just want to make
sure.  Is anyone else having trouble with networking on VTI domains?  My
vif doesn't seem to be getting any DHCP packets and dmesg on the domain
shows lots of "ACPI-0286: *** Error: No installed handler for fixed
event [0000000x]".  I would think the ACPI errors are unrelated except
when I manually try to ifup eth0, I get a bunch more ACPI messages and
the domain starts powering off on it's own.  Almost seems like the vif
is generating ACPI SCI interrupts (/proc/interrupts shows quite a number
of acpi interrupts).  I can't figure out how I could have broken my
setup to cause this to happen though.  Anyone have any idea what could
have happened?  I've done make uninstall; make install-tools several
times on the system to make sure my xen tools are in order.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.