RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen hypervisor logs on hp zx6000

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen hypervisor logs on hp zx6000
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 06:59:25 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:59:45 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Does anybody know the correct configuration or has anybody
> an another
> > solution for that problem?
> Yes, set the I/O base address of com1, such as
> com1=116200,8n1,0x378,0.
> I am not sure about your values, but Linux print them.

Mine is com1=115200,8n1,0xff5e0000,0

The smaller numbers are for legacy compatible serial ports
(e.g. Intel Tiger) and the larger numbers are for non-legacy
boxes (e.g. HP).

Look for a value like 0xff5e0000 when booting native
Linux near the boot time output where Linux is initializing
the console.

I believe the problem occurs because EFI is configured with two
output consoles (VGA and serial).