[Xen-ia64-devel] xen hypervisor logs on hp zx6000

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen hypervisor logs on hp zx6000
From: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:59:28 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 May 2006 02:59:37 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I tried xen on a hp zx6000 machine, but I don't get any xen-hypervisor messages
(starting with "(XEN) ") via the serial line. On boot the messages I see are:

ELILO boot: Uncompressing Linux... done
Uncompressing... done

The next message appeared is:

Linux version 2.6.16-xen (hahn@sanpedro) (gcc version 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)) #1
SMP Wed Apr 26 14:14:10 CEST 2006

From here I see all messages from the dom0 kernel.
After login I checked the hypervisor messages with 'xm dmesg'.
I saw the following problematic line:
ERROR: I/O base address must be specified.
I looked through the source and found this message in
ns16550_parse_port_config()
in xen/drivers/char/ns16550.c
For me it seems like a problem in the configuration of the serial interface in
elilo.conf.
My configuration in elilo.conf is:
image=vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen
        label=xen
        vmm=xen.gz
        initrd=initrd-2.6.16-xen
        read-only
        append="com1=115200,8n1 console=com1 sched=bvt -- nomca console=tty0
console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda3"

Does anybody know the correct configuration or has anybody an another solution
for that problem?
Thanks!

Dietmar.