[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PATCH: PAL_VM_SUMMARY and PAL_VM_INFO

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Williamson, Alex (Linux Kernel Dev)" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PATCH: PAL_VM_SUMMARY and PAL_VM_INFO
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:30:46 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:31:27 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> this patch implements PAL_VM_SUMMARY and PAL_VM_INFO using
> Xen parameters.
>
> Tested by boot+halt of dom0+domU and read of /proc/pal/cpu0/vm_info.
>
> Tristan.

I don't know that it is safe to describe the number of tc's
as == 1, since Xen's VHPT is essentially a virtual TLB.

max_pkr should probably be zero for now (at least non-VT) since
pkr's are not implemented.  Or would this be an "illegal" value
because of architectural definition.

Why is impl_va_msb 50?

None of these are important but if we are going to implement
these at all, we should probably get them "right" as eventually
some OS or application will use them.

Dan