[Xen-ia64-devel] Create 2nd XenU fail after destroy 1st one

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Create 2nd XenU fail after destroy 1st one
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:19:59 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:21:27 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am very glad to see xm destroy xenU will release memory.
But when I try this feature, I found I couldn't create 2nd xenU successfully.

I do the following steps:
1. boot Xen0
2. create XenU
3. After xenU boot up, use poweroff in xenU to kill xenU.
4. create 2nd XenU
5. when 2nd XenU boot up to "start udev", xenU stop to boot and serial port
kept reporting "bad hyperprivop". (please see the attachment)

If I destroy the 2nd xenU, the whole system seems hang. I catch this issue in
Cset 9268.

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康