RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] What tree and cset are you using and testing?

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] What tree and cset are you using and testing?
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:07:24 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:08:18 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Status update on this:

I did successfully build with xen-unstable 7772 and brought
up a domU to a shell prompt, so it was not an environment problem.

I did rebuild xen-ia64-unstable.hg tip and when I brought up
a domU, I saw the same strange loopback problem and domU
did not boot.   (Another interesting symptom:  Dom0 won't
reboot normally... I have to reset the box.)

With xen-ia64-unstable.hg tip but backing out the new
generic xen0_defconfig_ia64 file to the previous zx1-based
xen0_defconfig_ia64 file, I am again able to bring up a
domU to a shell prompt.

Should I back out the generic xen0_defconfig_ia64?  I would
like to merge a known-working xen-ia64-unstable into xen-unstable
tomorrow if possible.

Dan