Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: vcpu_translate issue

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: vcpu_translate issue
From: Matt Chapman <matthewc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:34:12 +1100
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:34:43 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:38:26PM -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:
> Hmmm... by changing the metaphysical address handling code
> in vcpu_translate, I seem to have uncovered a latent bug:
> Sometimes vcpu_translate is being called with a virtual
> address even though the domain is in metaphysical mode.

That's correct - metaphysical mode is [should be] tied to dt,
but you still potentially have to translate instruction and
register stack accesses.

I write "should be" in there because last I checked there were
also some cases where metaphysical mode was set wrongly, which
may or may not be fixed by my PSR handling patch when I get it
working.

Matt