RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] DomainU/DomainN progresses ?

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] DomainU/DomainN progresses ?
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:05:17 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:02:25 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> is it possible to start a domainU with tip ?

I don't think so.

> If no, is
> someone working on
> this topic (Dan reported it was broken).

I think Kevin will be working on it when he returns from
a business trip.

NOTE: It appears that now the evtchn code has changed
in such a way that is no longer compatible with
evtchn_ia64 so that if I try to merge xen-ia64-unstable
into xen-unstable, domain0 no longer boots.  I tried a
quick fix for this without luck.  Any work to get
domainU and virtual I/O working again should ensure
that it works with the latest xen-unstable, NOT just
xen-ia64-unstable.  If at all possible, we should try
to merge evtchn_ia64.c back into evtchn.c to avoid this
kind of problem in the future.

Dan