[Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] Rename pt_regs to cpu_user_regs_t in arch-ia64.

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] Rename pt_regs to cpu_user_regs_t in arch-ia64.h
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:28:56 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:27:55 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Dan,
        Changeset 1.1709.1.15 (About 1 week ago) moves pt_regs from
ptrace.h to arch-ia64.h, to simplify cpu context definition when get/set
domain information. However include/public will be used not only by Xen,
but also by application and guest kernel. Since pt_regs has already been
defined in guest linux, redefinition warning occurs when we want to
compile our kernel module (hypercall/evtchn). So I renameds pt_regs in
arch-ia64.h to cpu_user_regs_t, though still with same context as real
pt_regs.

        This is still temporary solution, since there'll need a complete
redefinition about cpu_user_regs_t. pt_regs is only collection of most
scratch ones, which is far from a complete set for later
get/set/save/restore. Without this patch, kernel module patch sent by
Anthony later can't work.

Signed-off-by Kevin Tian <Kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks,
Kevin