[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: how to put kernel module in xen/ipf

To: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: how to put kernel module in xen/ipf
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:04:27 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:03:30 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, the hypercall parameter mechanism is still evolving for Xen/ia64.  Very few
hypercalls are necessary to run domain0, so experimentation with different hypercall
mechanisms has waited until multi-domain work.

Can you explain more about kernel modules?  I know (roughly) how they
work for Linux, but not how they are used on Xen/x86.  Others on this
list might like to learn too, so perhaps you could explain the design
in detail?

Thanks,
Dan