Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] ia64/Xen VT support code is in staging tree

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] ia64/Xen VT support code is in staging tree
From: Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:20:11 -0700
Cc: Xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 May 2005 23:19:41 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yang, Fred wrote:

We are in process of rebase to the latest code, and will start merging
both paravirtualization and VT designs base on our previous email
threads.

One of the problems with rebasing to the latest bk tree is that it's not possible to rebase by just doing a bk pull and dealing with the conflicts.

Checking in all patched Linux files (we called it "flattening") should hopefully make that process easier.

Here's what I was thinking:

cp_patch ()
{
        # maintainer does this periodically
        #diff -u $LINUX/$1 $XEN/$2 > $LINUXPATCH/$3

        # maintainer does this to rebase to upstream linux
        #cp $LINUX/$1 $XEN/$2
        #patch <$LINUXPATCH/$3 $XEN/$2

        # Most normal users and developers
        true;
}

We're currently based on:

ChangeSet@xxxxxx, 2005-04-26 16:24:29-06:00, djm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Oops, forgot a patch file

md5key:
2005/04/26 16:24:29 1.1334 426ebf9dElmn-4PJcDb_JoGYAMuVlA

One possibility is to reapply all the changes after this changeset into the flattened tree. Any other suggestions?

        -Arun