[Xen-devel] Is it possible to add new device type "my_device" like "vif/

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to add new device type "my_device" like "vif/vbd/..." on XEN
From: veerasena reddy <veeruyours@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:50:11 +0530
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:29:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am working on an experiment to share a crypto processing offload device to multiple VMs (Pv-on-HVM).
For this, I am looking to develop frontend and backend drivers similar to netfront and netback.
I want to use different device type (may be "vcrypt") similar to "vif/vbd"

Is it possible to add my own device types on XEN?
If so, Could you please suggest how to do?

Thanks & Regards,
VSR.