Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.37 PV on HVM issues

--On 3 December 2010 11:24:43 +0000 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 11:18 +0000, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

If you know what you are doing you can manually remove the check for
the unplug protocol in the kernel, just hack
arch/x86/xen/platform-pci-unplug.c:check_platform_magic.

This is exactly equivalent to adding "xen_emul_unplug=unnecessary" to
the kernel command line, isn't it?

Conversely if you want to always force emulated devices (i.e. disable
any attempt to unplug) then "xen_emul_unplug=never" will do what you
want.

OK, I am confused. What I want do is is bring the PV devices up as
/dev/xvda not /dev/sda. I don't much care whether or not it attempts to
unplug the emulated devices, as I can cope with or without the additional
presence of the emulated devices.

IE I want it to work just like it used to work with unmodified_drivers.

Is there a command line option for that? Or if not, I am happy
to try and work on a patch.

--
Alex Bligh